The most common method used to evaluate your steroid hormone levels is a blood test. However, saliva testing has many advantages to blood testing. It is highly accurate (92-96% accuracy). Saliva testing is much more convenient, it does not require a blood draw and it can be done in the privacy of your home. Saliva is also viable for several weeks if stored properly. It also gives you the ability to collect more than one specimen during the day. Why subject yourself to a venipuncture when saliva is much better and safer?
Blood and serum tests only look at levels of hormones in your tissues. This is called “bound hormone levels”. Saliva testing looks at the “Unbound hormone levels” which is also called “free fractioned hormone levels” which is the level of hormones that are available to be used by your tissues. It is the unbound hormones that exerts the activity that hormones are known for in the tissues in your body. This gives you a better understanding of the hormone levels that are actually influencing or effecting the tissues, instead of just the level of hormones that are present in the tissues.
Saliva producing cells passively allow ONLY unbound steroid hormones into the salivary ducts. Thus, saliva testing is a great way to study active steroid hormone levels w/o having to separate the bound hormones from the unbound fraction.
SALIVA HORMONE TESTING: non invasive, no blood draw required, affordable, convenient, allows for multiple collections within the same day, superior to blood testing, sample is stable for weeks, reproduceable
Saliva testing measures free, unbound hormone levels. This eliminates the need to assume how much hormone a client’s body is really being influenced by.
Our Hormone Saliva Test Kit is easy to do:
- Our saliva test is is non-invasive.
- Place your order and we mail you a kit right away
- Our saliva test can be done in the privacy of your home.
- Plan a day to collect your sample (s) – 1 vial collection can be done anytime in the day. Four vial collections are done over a 12 hour period.
- Refrigerate or freeze your sample for a few hours and then mail them to our lab. Shipping is free.
- Results are emailed along with a protocol within 10-14 days
- Saliva is more stable than blood.
- Our hormone saliva test kit, test the “free” or bio available hormones
- Saliva tells what the amount of hormones are in your body that are able to be used by your cells.
- Saliva is a far more accurate and relevant test than blood tests in measuring bio available steroid hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S and cortisol.
- Saliva is an easy way to show the relationship between partner hormones like estrogen and progesterone, and DHEA-S and cortisol. These partner hormones need to be in proper balance.